Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mota Suspended 50 games for Steroids

According to ESPN Guillermo Mota has been suspended for 50 for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. Mota said he took "full responsibility" and also said:

"I used extremely poor judgment and deserve to be held accountable,"

"To my teammates and the entire Mets organization, I am sorry. I truly regret what I did and hope that you can forgive me."

"To baseball fans everywhere, I understand that you are disappointed in me, and I don't blame you," he added. "I feel terrible and I promise this is the first and last time that this will happen."

This could change a lot of things for the Mets in the offseason, knowing if they re-sign Mota he won't be able to pitch until June the Mets may have to go in another direction. They might have to keep Aaron Heilman and not let him start. Or they could sign a free agent 7th inning setup man to hand the ball off to Sanchez in the 8th. This may handcuff Minaya a little bit when figuring out whether he wants to deal Heilman or put him in the rotation or whether he wants to re-sign Mota and wait it out for him. I guess only time will tell where this takes us this offseason.

No comments: